Diversified Communications (“Diversified”) organizes tradeshows and conferences that facilitate networking and learning among business professionals (“Events”). Diversified is committed to ensuring its Events are inclusive and that all participants behave in a respectful, courteous, and professional manner to fellow attendees, exhibitors, speakers, and staff (of both the organizer and organizer’s vendor partners). Harassment and discrimination will not be permitted at any time. Diversified will not hesitate to remove anyone from the Event venue who is behaving in a manner that is inconsistent with these requirements.
Diversified’s Events are crafted to create opportunities for professionals in various industries to come together, learn, network, and share. The behavior standards set forth in this Code of Conduct are intended to ensure everyone present will be able to fully participate in all aspects of the Event as they enjoy the opportunities available to grow their business and their professional acumen. This Code of Conduct supports Diversified’s commitment to its core values and compliance with the behavior requirements set forth herein are a condition of participation.
Unacceptable harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, socioeconomic status, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants who are asked to stop any harassing or disruptive behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, and staff are all subject to the anti-harassment policy. Event participants who attend or host offsite events must also behave professionally and respectfully.
Participants are expected to choose their words with care recognizing that sexist, racist, ableist, and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you who may overhear as well as those you are speaking to directly. Excessive swearing and offensive jokes are never appropriate.
If a participant engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, Diversified may take any action it deems appropriate, including warning the offender, expelling the offender from the Event with no refund or involving law enforcement.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns during the Event related to the expectations set by this Code of Conduct, please contact a Diversified staff member. Diversified staff are all prepared to either directly help or connect with the right person, who can.
Diversified staff will make their best efforts to help participants who have experienced harassment feel safe for the duration of the Event. Our goal is to create an Event environment where everyone has an excellent experience.
Participant Reporting Procedure
1. Report the harassment incident to a Diversified staff member onsite. All reports will be kept confidential. If you are not comfortable reporting in person for any reason you may Email Diversified about the incident to Conduct@divcom.com
2. All onsite Diversified staff will have clear identification on their person. This may be a piece of clothing or identification on their badge. All Diversified staff are informed of the code of conduct policy and guide for handling reporting of violations at the Event.
3. When reporting the event to staff, try to share as much information as available, but do not interview people about the incident. Diversified staff will assist you in writing the report and collecting information.
Important information consists of:
• Identifying information (name/company) of the harassing party
• Describe what happened (explain the code-violating behavior)
• The approximate time of the incident
• The circumstances surrounding the incident
• Other people involved in the incident
4. If everyone affected by the violation is physically safe, law enforcement or security will be involved only in coordination with the affected individual(s).