Get ahead in the Oil & Gas game – 10 tips from UWA
With a tough job market getting ever tougher due to the current oil and gas industry cut-backs, the University of Western Australia (UWA) share their top ten tips for graduates to take on board when they consider entering the employment market.
- Study the Master of Professional Engineering at UWA and gain a globally-recognised accredited qualification
- Study the Master of Engineering in Oil and Gas at UWA, designed in partnership with key industry leaders
- Become a member of Engineers Australia, a national body focused on engineering advancement and professional development
- Become an active member of Student Clubs and Societies – UWA Engineering students are involved in over 15 different clubs!
- Seek opportunities to take paid or unpaid vacation work or internships
- Contact local engineering companies, initiatives and events and ask if they need volunteers
- Attend conferences, seminars and public lectures to continue your learning
- Master the art of networking and gain as many contacts as possible
- Subscribe to engineering and oil and gas publications
- Keep up to date with national and global trends in the market